Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Yep, you won't believe how good this sauce is! Healthy, natural, and quick.
- 1⁄2 cup split peas, cooked
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon caraway seed, crushed
- 3 tablespoons brewer's yeast
- Cook split peas according to package directions, then puree in a blender or food processor.
- In a medium saucepan over very low heat combine pureed peas and milk.
- Add crushed caraways seeds and salt and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add brewer's yeast and pour mixture back into blender or food processor; blend for several seconds.
- Serve over pasta or rice.