Recipe by Debster
This dip will become one of you favorites. Using the microwave makes preparaton easy.
Top Review by Linda B
This dip is OK, but the texture is not creamy. I halved the recipe and cooked in the microwave for just a little less time than suggested. It was grainy...probably would be better done in the oven. My husband who likes almost everything did not like this. He said it was too bland in one way and too spicy in another way. It is just hard to put your finger on what was wrong. The mixture of ingredients should have produced a really good dip...maybe I did something wrong, but I followed the recipe.
- 1 lb jalapeno jack cheese, grated
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic, put through a garlic press
- 2 ounces chopped pimiento
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- sunflower seeds (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise and garlic.
- Do not cover.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes or microwave on high for about 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix in half of the pimento, onion and sunflower seeds.
- Bake for 5 more minutes, or microwave on high for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Garnish with the remaining ingredients.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
- Can be refrigerated for up to a week and reheated in oven or microwave until hot.
- Stir well.