Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This a great basic recipe to fry up almost anything (shrimp, fish, venison, alligator, etc). I've used it for all of the above with great success.
- 3 cups evaporated milk (or whole milk)
- 1 cup creole mustard
- 2 tablespoons creole seasoning
- 2 cups cornmeal (Louisiana fish fry mix)
- 2 cups pancake mix
- oil (for frying)
- Cut meat/fish/game into bite size pieces.
- Soak in milk (in refrigerator) for 2-3 hours.
- Drain, season meat with Tony's Creole seasoning.
- Add mustard and stir gently to coat.
- Add fish fry and pancake mix to plastic bag.
- Add meat to bag and shake to coat.
- Deep fry until golden brown,.
Pokey, this was delicious! I used it to fry shrimp and the coating stayed on very well. The only change I made was to add in a few dashes of hot sauce, just cause we like it. Thanks for sharing this recipe!
I loved the flavor of this batter! I used round steak bites. This is kind of like milanesa, with a cajun twist! Thanks Pokey!