Recipe by Sandi (From CA)
Here is a spicy mix that features a variety of nuts and a south Indian theme. Anyone who enjoys a good curry, or any other spicy food for that matter, will be enjoying these by the handful. If you're planning a large get together, I recommend adding a bit more salt and some mini pretzels to stretch the snack mix a bit. Recipe courtesy of Ronda Carnicelli.
Top Review by Moniquita
I printed the recipe but didn't read it until I had the yogurt in a bowl. Wow, I thought, 3T Curry? 2T Cumin? You should have seen my face :D I put in the same measurements, however, in teaspoons. At the end, it only smelled of YOGURT haha! So I decided to follow the recipe after all. IT WAS A SUPER HIT!!!! I was surprised at how much I enjoyed them!!!
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper or 3⁄4 teaspoon cayenne, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 4 cups nuts, I like to use a wide variety (like pecans, walnuts, almonds and pistachios)
- coarse salt (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 275°F.
- Combine the yogurt, butter, and spices in a large bowl.
- Add the nuts, toss in the mix until the nuts are well coated.
- Spread them in a large, shallow baking pan.
- Bake the nuts uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 1 hour or until the nuts are golden.
- Cool completely and store in a tightly covered container.