Recipe by AmandaAOates
WOW!!! This is the best rice pudding recipe that I have tried. I found it on the Food Network and decided to try it since it's quite different from most rice pudding recipes. I kind of changed it a bit because I always have leftover rice on hand so there is no need to cook more. Also you have the option of using regular condensed milk but if you use the fat free variety you have the option of eating a lot more without feeling guilty :) I couldn't believe how simple it was to make and how utterly delicious this is. JUST GO AND MAKE IT :)
Top Review by BuffyM53
This was really good. I let it set in the fridge to become cold because thats the way I like my pudding. I used cinnamon because I don't like nutmeg. Will definitely make it again.
- 1 cup cooked short-grain rice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 -2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pinch nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Put cooked rice in the top of a double boiler.
- Set over simmering water.
- Stir in milk, butter and raisins.
- Cook stirring frequently until pudding thickens slightly, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and nutmeg.
- Refrigerate or eat warm.
- (If there is anything left by this time:).