Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I had food at a Yoshinoya Restaurant in California and loved it. I wanted to have the same easy, quick and yummy food that I had there.
- 946.36 ml japanese rice
- 4 medium chicken thighs or 2 large chicken breasts
- 1 medium onion
- 226.79 g package frozen broccoli carrots cauliflower mix
- 0 head cabbage, sliced thinly
- pickled ginger, called beni shoga
- 147.89 ml soy sauce
- 73.94 ml mirin
- 73.94 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml fresh ginger juice
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- Cook rice according to directions.
- Slice onion thinly. Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces, removing bones. Put soy sauce, sugar, mirin, sake, ginger juice and garlic in a pan. Add onion slices in the pot and simmer for a few minutes.
- Boil enough water for 1/2 package of frozen carrots, broccoli and cauliflower. When water is at a boil, add contents of package of vegetables as well as 1/4 head of cabbage. When vegetables are almost done, (3-4 minutes), drain them. Add chicken and drained vegetables into the pan and simmer for a few minutes.
- Serve hot steamed rice in a deep rice bowl. Put the chicken and vegetable topping on the top of rice. Place some beni shoga on the top if you would like.