Recipe by Member #610488
I had food at a Yoshinoya Restaurant in California and loved it. I wanted to have the same easy, quick and yummy food that I had there.
Top Review by mjtm74403
I cannot wait to try this tonight. The only question I have is, in the Cooking Directions, it says to add sake to soy sauce, ginger, mirin, ginger juice and garlic, but it not listed in the list of ingredients, how much am I to use?
- 4 cups japanese rice
- 4 medium chicken thighs or 2 large chicken breasts
- 1 medium onion
- 0.5 (16 ounce) package frozen broccoli carrots cauliflower mix
- 1⁄4 head cabbage, sliced thinly
- pickled ginger, called beni shoga
- 10 tablespoons soy sauce
- 5 tablespoons mirin
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger juice
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rice according to directions.
- Slice onion thinly. Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces, removing bones. Put soy sauce, sugar, mirin, sake, ginger juice and garlic in a pan. Add onion slices in the pot and simmer for a few minutes.
- Boil enough water for 1/2 package of frozen carrots, broccoli and cauliflower. When water is at a boil, add contents of package of vegetables as well as 1/4 head of cabbage. When vegetables are almost done, (3-4 minutes), drain them. Add chicken and drained vegetables into the pan and simmer for a few minutes.
- Serve hot steamed rice in a deep rice bowl. Put the chicken and vegetable topping on the top of rice. Place some beni shoga on the top if you would like.