1/1 Photo of Yoshinoya Style Beef With Vegetables Rice Bowl
Member #610488's Note:
Yoshinoya, established in 1899, is the largest chain among beef bowl (or gyudon) restaurants and one of the leading fast food chains in Japan. I first had their Beef Bowl in one of their California restaurants and loved it. Cheap, Quick and Yummy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups japanese rice
- 1 lb thinly sliced beef (freeze meat and then slice as close to paper thin as possible)
- 1 medium onion
- 0.5 (16 ounce) package frozen broccoli carrots cauliflower mix
- 1/4 head cabbage, sliced thinly
- pickled ginger, called Beni Shoga (optional)
- 1Cook rice according to directions.
- 2Slice onion thinly. Cut thinly sliced beef into bite-sized pieces. Set aside. Put dashi, soy sauce, sugar, mirin, sake, ginger juice and garlic in a pan. Add onion slices in the pot and bring to just under a boil then lower to a simmer. Allow to simmer for minimum of 5 minutes.
- 3Boil enough water for 1/2 package of frozen carrots, broccoli and cauliflower. When water is at a boil, add contents of package of vegetables as well as 1/4 head of cabbage. When vegetables are almost done, (4-5 minutes), drain them. Add beef and drained vegetables into the saucepan and simmer for 5 minutes. If veggies cooked earlier then add additional time to allow sauce to return to simmer and fully cook meat.
- 4Serve hot steamed rice in a deep rice bowl. Put the beef and vegetable topping on the top of rice. Place some red ginger on the top if you would like.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yoshinoya Style Beef With Vegetables Rice Bowl
Serving Size: 1 (433 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1536.8
- Calories from Fat 735
- Total Fat 81.7 g
- Saturated Fat 33.7 g
- Cholesterol 112.3 mg
- Sodium 1368.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 169.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 25.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
frozen broccoli carrots cauliflower mix