- 4 cups japanese steamed rice
- 1 lb thinly sliced beef
- 1 onion
- 1 1⁄3 cups dashi soup
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons mirin
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon sake
- 1 teaspoon red ginger, for topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook Japanese rice.
- Slice onion thinly.
- Cut beef into bite-sized pieces.
- Put dashi, soysauce, sugar, mirin, and sake in a pan.
- Add onion slices in the pot and simmer for a few minutes.
- Add beef in the pan and simmer for a few minutes.
- Serve hot steamed rice in a deep rice bowl. Put the beef topping on the top of rice.
- Place some benishoga (red ginger) on the top if you would like.