My version of this all-time favorite!
Make and share this Yoshinoya Beef Bowl recipe from Food.com.
- Cook Japanese rice.
- Slice onion thinly.
- Cut beef into bite-sized pieces.
- Put dashi, soysauce, sugar, mirin, and sake in a pan.
- Add onion slices in the pot and simmer for a few minutes.
- Add beef in the pan and simmer for a few minutes.
- Serve hot steamed rice in a deep rice bowl. Put the beef topping on the top of rice.
- Place some benishoga (red ginger) on the top if you would like.
This taste just like it. I love this recipe. Very simple :).
Easy,quick and delicious..
Very good copycat. I began by roasting a rump roast to rare. That way, I knew I could add the beef to the broth so it wouldn't get too tough. Also, I could use the roast for other stuff. I could tell that was way too much sugar and soy sauce for my tastes, so I cut that in half. Even with the sugar cut in half it was too much, so next time I will use even less. I also had to make a number of subs since I didn't have stuff on hand, which could have something to do with why the sugar made it too sweet. I used beef broth, vermouth and sherry in place of dashi, sake and mirin. Even with all the subs, it came out really good. Very pleased!