Recipe by Hello Kitty with cupcakes
This sauce is similar to the Yoshida sauce that can be found at costco and other stores. Note that this is not an exact copy but a very similar taste that can be made with ingredients that can be found in your kitchen and not a laboratory.
Top Review by boiano88
This is great, I'm glad someone made this. I can't find this stuff anywhere! Two things though: I only used 1/2 cup of each sugar and maybe a tablespoon of honey. I only added two tablespoons combined of the sugar at the end. Also, about a 1/2 cup of orange juice works great too. I suggest changing the recipe to this: 1/2 cup white sugar 1/2 cup brown sugar 1/2 orange juice 1/4 teriyaki sauce 1 tablespoon cayenne Forget the 1 cup of honey. Everything else is fine. I think the sugar in the regular recipe is way too much.
- 473.18 ml soy sauce
- 177.44 ml brown sugar, divided
- 177.44 ml white sugar, divided
- 8 green onions, cut into 1 1/2 inch sections
- 4 slice fresh gingerroot
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 236.59 ml honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine soy sauce, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup white sugar, green onions, ginger and garlic in a 2 quart saucepan. Bring the mixture to a slight boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Pour the remaining white and brown sugar and the honey into the saucepan. Bring to a boil. The mixture will rise and foam, when it does this and doubles in size remove the pan from heat and cool.