Recipe by HouseDragon
A recipe from my Mr. Yoshida's Fine Sauces Cookbook which I haven't tried yet.
Top Review by 5nolans
Excellent. I followed the recipe to the letter for the ingredients and portions but then I formed four smaller loafs and then wrapped each with two tissue paper thin slices of prosciutto. From there I got back on recipe and baked for 35 minutes, then basted, put back in for 10 more minutes. Then removed from oven to rest.<br/><br/>WOW! It was fantastic!
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Yoshida gourmet sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, bread crumbs, onions, beaten eggs, and 1/2 cup Gourmet Sauce.
- Mix well.
- In a 13" X 9" baking dish, firmly shape the meatloaf into 8" X 4".
- Bake meatloaf for 45 minutes.
- Top meatloaf with 1/2 cup sauce and continue baking for 15 minutes.
- Let meatloaf cool for 10 minutes before slicing.