1/2 Photos of Yorkshires or Popovers
Kansas A's Note:
A mini yorkshire pan and a Bamix or Braun electric hand mixer or blender make these rise as high as they do! Do not use a Kitchen Aid or two beater blender, they will not rise very high, (I've tried). They are delicious when served up with a beef roast and scrumptious gravy.
My Private Note
mini yo ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine first five ingredients into tall beaker or blender.
- 2Mix, incorporating as much air as possible if using hand mixer or turn blender to high.
- 3Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- 4Add 1 teaspoon oil into each muffin cup and put into oven. Let the oil get so hot it smokes.
- 5Give the batter one last whirl and fill cups right in the oven until about 3/4 full.
- 6Leave oven at 450 F about 10 minutes, turn oven down to 400 F for about 10 minutes, turn oven down again to 350 F for about 15 minutes. By this time the yorkshires should be fairly high.
- 7You can then turn oven off and let them sit or if taking them out right away pierce with a knife in the top to prevent falling.
- 8If you are traveling with them, as I often do, overcook them a bit so they do not flatten.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yorkshires or Popovers
Serving Size: 1 (70 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 195.1
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 57.1 mg
- Sodium 226.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 4.1 g