Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A mini yorkshire pan and a Bamix or Braun electric hand mixer or blender make these rise as high as they do! Do not use a Kitchen Aid or two beater blender, they will not rise very high, (I've tried). They are delicious when served up with a beef roast and scrumptious gravy.
- Combine first five ingredients into tall beaker or blender.
- Mix, incorporating as much air as possible if using hand mixer or turn blender to high.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Add 1 teaspoon oil into each muffin cup and put into oven. Let the oil get so hot it smokes.
- Give the batter one last whirl and fill cups right in the oven until about 3/4 full.
- Leave oven at 450 F about 10 minutes, turn oven down to 400 F for about 10 minutes, turn oven down again to 350 F for about 15 minutes. By this time the yorkshires should be fairly high.
- You can then turn oven off and let them sit or if taking them out right away pierce with a knife in the top to prevent falling.
- If you are traveling with them, as I often do, overcook them a bit so they do not flatten.