1/1 Photo of Yorkshire Strata (For Leftover Pot Roast)
I never know what to do with leftovers after I fix a pot roast with gravy, onion, potatoes and carrots until I found this recipe. I wouldn't really call it a strata because it doesn't have bread cubes in it. Rather, it has a yorkshire pudding baked around everything else. The recipe came from a book called "Marnie's Kitchen Shortcuts" by Marnie Swedberg. The recipe calls for specific amounts, although I tend to throw in whatever amount of leftovers I have.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup cooked beef
- 1/2 cup cooked diced potato
- 1/2 cup cooked diced carrot
- 1 cooked diced onion
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups leftover beef gravy, divided
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1Combine meat, vegetables, water, 1/4 C gravy, 1 T worcestershire sauce, 1 tsp onion powder and 1/4 tsp garlic powder, and set aside.
- 2Put margarine in a deep-dish 10 inch pie plate and place in a cold oven.
- 3Turn heat to 425 degrees.
- 4Puree milk, eggs, flour, salt and pepper in a blender container at high speed for 45 seconds.
- 5Remove pie plate from the oven and pour the batter in the plate.
- 6Spoon meat and vegetable mixture into the center of the pie plate.
- 7Place in oven for 30 minutes, being careful not to open oven door during that time.
- 8While casserole is baking, heat remaining 1 C gravy with remaining 1/2 tsp onion powder and 1/2 tsp garlic powder until hot.
- 9Serve casserole topped with gravy.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yorkshire Strata (For Leftover Pot Roast)
Serving Size: 1 (155 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 218.0
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 69.4 mg
- Sodium 558.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 8.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: