Recipe by peaceangel_ca
My family has been making and enjoying this recipe for many years. It was one of my children's favourites when they were growing up and now their making it at their own homes. We like to top it with a quick cheese sauce but is just as good without it.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup milk or 1⁄2 cup tomato juice
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Quick Cheese Sauce
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons cheese spread (such as Cheese Whiz)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 5 ingredients, mixing thoroughly.
- Pat evenly over bottom of greased 9"x9" pan.
- Spread onion over meat.
- Bake at 450 F (230 C) for 10 minutes or until browned.
- While the above mixture bakes, prepare the topping by beating eggs and adding milk.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt together.
- Add liquid gradually, beating until smooth.
- Remove hot meat from oven, break up slightly with a fork, then pour the thin batter over.
- Return to oven and bake for 30 minutes or until topping is done.
- If making cheese sauce, microwave sauce on high for approximately 1 minute or until melted.