Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe was given to me by a friend years ago and we have enjoyed it many times. It 'kicks up' the old sausage dinner dinner routine.
- 1 lb sausage
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Brown the sausages in a lightly greased frying pan for 10 minutes.
- Stir and cook until well browned Sift together the dry ingredients and add milk, beat until a smooth batter.
- Add the egges and beat.
- Pour over the sausages and place in oven for 20 minutes.
- Served with creamed onions or creamed corn.
Made for PAC Spring '07. I do believe this recipe is like Toad in the Hole which we love. The only thing I would suggest, is to add another 1/2 cup milk to the batter. The amount specified was not enough. The ease of assembly was great. :)
There is something wrong with the amounts of flour and milk amounts for most yorksire is usually runny.Could you please take another look at this recipe Thank You.