Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Can be served as a breakfast side dish with eggs and homefries. Dinner with boiled or mashed potatoes and a veggie side.
- 1 1⁄4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sausage links
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a hot skillet, fry sausages until brown on all sides.
- Remove from drippings, and cut crosswise in half.
- In a bowl, sift flour and salt.
- Gradually beat in milk; while beating, add eggs and beat until smooth.
- In a 12x8x2 inch baking dish pour two tablespoons of the hot sausage drippings.
- Arrange the sausage pieces over the bottom of the dish and pour the batter over them.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until it gets puffy and a golden color.