Prep 40 mins
Cook 25 mins
We used to buy the mixes until my daughter came across this recipe. Now its a MUST MAKE whenever we cook roast beef! Well oiled tins prevent the puddings from sticking so avoid washing them if possible - just scrape off with a dry brush. I have old muffin tins that I use for Yorkshires only. For another variation & more "secrets of success", take a look at my other Yorkshire Pudding With Herbs - Yorkshire Puddings With Herbs!
- Put flour in a medium sized bowl & make a well in the center.
- Add eggs and mix with a wire whisk.
- Pour milk in VERY slowly and keep that whisk going so you get a smooth batter.
- If you get lumps, pour through a sieve.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Leave batter at room temperature for at least 30 minutes.
- While you are waiting, preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Put about 1 tbsp of lard into muffin tins.
- You can use oil but lard is better.
- Place muffin tins into the top part of the oven until the lard starts smoking.
- Watch them & don't be tempted to remove then too soon.
- Divide the batter among 8 cups of the muffin tins and put back into the oven for 15-30 minutes (all depends on your oven).
- Just keep an eye on them & note the cooking time so you'll know the next time that you make these.
very basic Love it the first recipe I have managed to actually work since I arrived in the states from UK 6 years ago!