1/5 Photos of Yorkshire Puddings
John DOH's Note:
Those wonderful "shells" that accompany a good roast of beef, and you can pour gravy into! Easy to do, in a muffin tin, this one's older than I am, and I'm 51 tomorrow!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Flour and salt in a large bowl --.
- 2Make a "well in the dry ingredients, and add the "warm" milk.
- 3Stir thoroughly.
- 4Beat the eggs separately and add to batter.
- 5Add the warmed water.
- 6Beat this with a beater until large bubbles rise to the surface -- then allow to "rest" for an hour --.
- 7Beat again after resting --.
- 8Melt lard to 1/4" depth (6mm) in each muffin holder at preheated 400 degree oven, then pour in batter in each cup to 5/8" (15 mm) depth (very quickly!) and cook at 400°F for 20 minutes --.
- 9Lard will make them taste best, but butter or just about any other oil will also work, will beef fat, which is smokey but superb in flavour.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yorkshire Puddings
Serving Size: 1 (109 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 155.8
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 110.0 mg
- Sodium 341.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 6.9 g