Here are the "secrets to success" for making Yorkshire Puddings and, believe me - roast beef, gravy & yorkies - it just doesn't get any better! Prep time includes "standing".
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs just to blend.
- Gradually whisk in milk.
- Sift flour and salt into egg mixture and whisk until well blended and smooth.
- Whisk in all herbs.
- This is the first key to success- let the batter stand at room temperature for AT LEAST 30 minutes!
- While the batter is resting, preheat the oven to 450°F.
- This is the second key to success- the oven must be very hot!
- Re-whisk the batter before using and transfer to large measuring cup or pitcher with a spout so it will be easy to pour.
- Heat muffin tin with 12 muffin cups in oven for 10 minutes.
- This is the third key to success- the muffin tins must be very hot!
- Transfer drippings or melted butter to a measuring cup with a spout so you can easily pour it into the muffin tin.
- Pour about 1 tsp drippings or melted butter in each muffin cup.
- Return pan to oven for about 6 to 8 minutes.
- This is the last key to success- the fat must be very hot!
- Pour batter evenly into the muffin cups onto the hot fat.
- Bake until puddings are golden and puffy, about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Puddings will sink slightly in centre.
- Serve immediately out of oven while still hot.