Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Prime rib with popovers or Yorkshire Pudding is my family's Christmas dinner tradition.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 1⁄3 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a bowl. Beat at medium speed with electric mixer until smooth. Beat at high speed 15 seconds; set aside.
- DIvide oil evenly among 8 muffin or popover cups. Coat sides of cups with cooking spray. Place muffin cups in oven for 3 minutes. Divide batter evenly among hot prepared cups. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees. Bake additional 15 minutes or until golden. Serve immediately.
Delicious! I will be making this again. Next time, I will kick up a notch and add more blue cheese, but that is more of a personal preference, they were great as is. Thanks KathyP53 for a great recipe. Made for Let's P-A-R-T-Y! ~~2011~~ tag game.