Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
I love Y.P. with beef! This is from Bon Appetit.
- 6 ounces bacon, slices cut into 1-inch pieces (about 7 slices)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh sage, divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole milk
- 3 large eggs
- Place rack in middle of oven and preheat to 450 degrees.
- Saute bacon in large skillet over medium heat until crisp. Transfer to paper towel to drain. Transfer drippings to glass measuring cup. If needed, add enough melted butter to measure 1/4 cup total. Pour drippings into 13X9" glass baking dish. Place dish in hot oven to heat drippings for 10 minutes.
- Whisk flour, 2 tablespoons sage, and salt in medium bowl to blend. Whisk milk and eggs to blend in large bowl, add flour mixture and whisk until batter is smooth. Whisk in 2/3 of bacon. Remove hot baking dish from oven. Using oven mitts or pot holders to protect hands, tilt dish to distribute drippings evenly. Pour batter into pan. Bake 15 minutes; reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees and continue to bake until golden brown and puffed, about 12 minutes longer. Do not open oven door while baking.
- Remove pudding from oven. Crumble remaining bacon over pudding and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sage. Serve immediately.