Recipe by shannon0001
This is a traditional hollow bread-like muffin-looking side that's not pudding at all. It will replace plain bread or rolls with your meals forever. It is a recipe perfected by and passed on to me by my grandmother. Your children and grandchildren will feel special to have this on their plate as it is fun to fill with gravy. Serve on Thanksgiving, Christmas or with any home cooked meal.
Top Review by Chef TanyaW
This was delicious. I substituted 2/3 cup whole wheat flour for 2/3 cup of the regular flour. We served it to moms and kids at a playgroup with jam. Everyone thought it was absolutely delicious. I'm happy to discover a bread side dish or snack that can be put together very quickly. We actually filled the muffin tins only 1/2 full and baked at 425 for only 20 minutes. I'm going to try it this way to see how it turns out.
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- shortening or cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease LARGE muffin tin's well.
- In medium bowl beat eggs until frothy.
- Add milk and butter.
- Beat in flour and salt.
- Fill muffin tins 3/4 full; bake 1 hour.
- Do not be alarmed if filling puffs up around sides and appears to grow, this is normal.
- A wonderful side to any traditional meal.
- Serve with gravy, butter, salt or my favorite-just plain.