Prep 0 mins
Cook 2 hrs
a traditional holiday meal in the British tradition
- 3 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup dripping (from the roasting pan)
- Sift together the flour and the salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the milk, water and eggs.
- Beat the mixture until smooth.
- Cover the bowl and let stand at room temperature for 2 hours.
- Pour the beef drippings into a shallow 10x15-inch baking dish.
- Place in a preheated 450 degree F oven for 10 minutes.
- Stir the batter again and pour into the baking dish.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to 350 degree F and bake 20 to 30 minutes, until the pudding is puffed and golden.