Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
It pains me to admit that I've discarded my grandma's yorkshire pudding in favor of this one from Delicious magazine. This one uses sparkling water as a secret (shhh!) ingredient. Yum, yum, I love yorkshire pudding!
- 20 g beef drippings or 20 g vegetable oil
- 100 ml full-fat milk
- 50 ml sparkling water
- 115 g plain flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees C, gas mark 7. Put dripping or oil into the holes of a 6 hole muffin tin and place in oven 5 minutes until fat or oil is hot and smoking.
- While that's going on, mix milk and sparkling water in a jug. Sift flour and salt into a large bowl. Season eggs with salt and black pepper. Make a well in the centre of the flour and pour in the eggs with a whisk, gradually incorporating flour mixture as you go, adding milk mixture in stages until you have a smooth batter.
- Transfer batter to a jug. Pour into the hot tins in equal portions, but not more than 3/4 full.
- Place in hot oven and cook without opening oven door for 20-25 minutes until big, big, BIG, and crispy! Serve hot.