Recipe by Binxi
This is from the "Pillsbury Kitchens' Cookbook" that I received as a wedding gift almost 25 years ago. This recipe is "tried & true" on many a Christmas' & since my book has seen better days, I wanted it here for safe keeping! ** I always make this with an added tablespoon or so of dried herb mix (savory) to the batter & bake in muffin pans that I've brushed liberally with the beef drippings. This make a great presentation & easy serving. *This recipe is easy to double -or- quadruple, in my family's case* ...Have a joyous Holiday...
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Pour drippings into 9-inch square or round cake pan.
- Tilt pan to grease sides.
- Place pan in oven to heat about 2 minutes.
- In small bowl, beat eggs slightly.
- Add remaining ingredients & beat -just- until blended (Don't over beat).
- Pour batter into hot pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes -THEN- reduce oven temperature to 350°F -AND- bake 10-15 minutes longer or until golden brown.
- Note: **TOTAL BAKE TIME approximately 30 MINUTES**.
- Serve immediately.