Recipe by chive flower
This is a recipe that has been passed on through friends of friends of friends....so i have absolutely no idea whose recipe this originally belongs too, but it is not mine! I have tried many different yorky pud recipes over the years, but this one works out perfectly every single time! (i find it helps if the batter has time to rest...i prefere to make the batter the night before i use it, although a few hours before hand still works too.)
Directions See How It's Made
- - preheat the oven - 220/425/gas 7.
- - sift flour and salt into a bowl and add eggs and the egg white and then whisk in the milk.
- - the batter should hold and coat the back of a wooden spoon.
- - put a generous amount of oil in the muffin tins and heat in the oven until almost smoking.
- - immediately add the batter to the moulds almost to the top whilst the oil is still smoking.
- - bake for 25-30 minutes until risen and golden (DO NOT open the oven before they are ready! - they will spoil).