This is a favorite with roast beef, I don't think I ever had a roast beef dinner without having yorkshire pudding to accompany it.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees .
- Onto piece of waxed paper, sift together flour and salt.
- In mixing bowl, beat eggs, parsley, milk and water.
- Gradually beat in flour beat until entire surface bubbles.
- Pour beef drippings into 8 inch square baking pan/dish, put in oven until fat starts to smoke.
- Pour batter into pan with beef drippings.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until puffed golden.
- Cut into squares.
I was craving my mom's Yorkshire pudding and this recipe really hit the spot! What's great is this is simple to make and doesn't take very long. Next time, I will try Derf's method of chilling the batter before putting it in the hot pan.
mmm so delicious and so easy! I put it together a couple of hours before baking it, put in the fridge, so it was ice cold when I put it in the sizzling pan, beautiful, it rose way above the side of the dish and browned perfectly. Thanks for posting.
Well it was way undercooked, which could have been because I chilled the batter per Derf's idea. I had to put it back and and it still rose but the centre wasn't quite done yet again. I think the recipe is fine....may take 30-40 mins?