Recipe by Dancer^
This is a favorite with roast beef, I don't think I ever had a roast beef dinner without having yorkshire pudding to accompany it.
Top Review by Jim J.
I was craving my mom's Yorkshire pudding and this recipe really hit the spot! What's great is this is simple to make and doesn't take very long. Next time, I will try Derf's method of chilling the batter before putting it in the hot pan.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup beef drippings or 1⁄2 cup a combo of butter and olive oil if not enough drippings from beef
- 3⁄4 cup milk, room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees .
- Onto piece of waxed paper, sift together flour and salt.
- In mixing bowl, beat eggs, parsley, milk and water.
- Gradually beat in flour beat until entire surface bubbles.
- Pour beef drippings into 8 inch square baking pan/dish, put in oven until fat starts to smoke.
- Pour batter into pan with beef drippings.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until puffed golden.
- Cut into squares.