Recipe by Brian Holley
A great British dish to serve with a Sunday roast, to compliment the roast potatoes. The herby filling makes a delicious addition to the meal.
- 10 ounces floury potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 2 ounces butter
- 1 teaspoon parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon tarragon, chopped
- 3 ounces plain flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the potatoes in boiling water till soft.
- Mash the potatoes with the milk and butter, stir in the chopped herbs. Season with the salt and pepper.
- Make a batter with the flour, egg, and milk.
- Pre heat oven to 200c.
- Use six individual ramekin dishes, and add one and a half teaspoons of oil in each. Place in hot oven for a few minutes till oil is hot.
- Put about 4 tsp of batter in each ramekin and follow with a heaped tablespoon of mashed potato, speed is all important here. Now top off each ramekin with the remaining batter and place in the oven.
- Cook for 20 mins till golden brown.
- Ease the puddings from the dishes and serve.