Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
You most likely will have all the ingredients used in this recipe in your pantry; add a salad or warm vegetable and you'll have dinner on the table in no time.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups hot water
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine ground beef, soup mix, parsley, pepper and chili sauce.
- Add 1 slightly beaten egg; mix thoroughly.
- Form into 16 meat balls.
- Place into a well greased 8 inch square baking dish.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a mixing bowl, beat 3 eggs until foamy; add milk and melted butter; mix well.
- Add dry, sifted ingredients all at once to egg mixture.
- Beat at low speed with electric mixer only until smooth and well blended.
- Pour batter over meat balls.
- Bake at 350 for 40-50 minutes until brown.
- Serve with brown sauce.
- Brown Sauce:.
- Melt butter in a saucepan.
- Add flour and cook until golden brown, stirring constantly.
- Add bouillon cubes and gradually the hot water.
- Continue stirring and cooking until smooth and thick.
- Add salt/pepper to taste.
I made this for the Cookbook Tag Game. We all enjoyed it very much. Very quick to make. Only change I will make is not add the salt, the soup mix had quite enough. Thanks for a great tasty recipe shelbyrose