I found this old Yorkshire teatime recipe in Great British Cooking. These currant cookies are very simple, but it's impossible to eat only one!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400F; Sift flour and baking powder in medium bowl.
- 2Mix in the pinch of salt and brown sugar, then rub in the butter.
- 3Add the currants, milk and enough water to make a soft dough.
- 4On a floured surface, roll out dough to about 1/2-inch thickness, and cut into 2-inch rounds.
- 5Dust the rounds with sugar, and place on a well-greased baking pan.
- 6Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the Rascals are lightly browned.
- 7Cool on a rack.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yorkshire Fat Rascals
Serving Size: 1 (495 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 165.8
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 20.5 mg
- Sodium 97.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 2.5 g