Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 min
This delicious combination of two popular foods may be served with or without gravy. My Great Recipes Packet 86 Card 107
- 1 (3 -3 1/2 lb) frying chicken
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- Mix 1/3 cup flour, 1 tsp salt, the poultry seasoning and pepper.
- Coat chicken pieces with the mixture.
- Brown all sides in 1/4 cup butter in large skillet.
- Arrange chicken in a 13-by-9 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken.
- If desired, make gravy in pan, using drippings.
- Pour off into saucepan and keep warm.
- Put chicken back in pan.
- In electric mixer, beat together remaining flour, salt, baking powder, eggs and milk.
- Add remaining butter, melted.
- Beat until smooth.
- Pour over chicken.
- Bake at 350°F for another 45 minutes.
- Serve with gravy, if used.
I have the set of My Great Recipes-- there are a couple of errors in the food.com recipe.<br/>Prep. time = 30 minutes<br/>Cooking time= 1 hr. 15 min.<br/><br/>To the list of ingredients add 1/2 cup butter or margarine.
One of my favorites-- been making it for many years.
I absolutely loved this. I did use skinless chicken, but the coating still helped it give it a crispiness. But with no skin there wasn't much in the way of drippings. The yorshire pudding part was so delicious; I have never had yorshire pudding before, so I can only assume this is like the real deal. I reminded me of a cross between spoon bread and polenta. However, my husband would not touch the pudding part with a 10 foot pole, he said it was a "texture thing." Thank you for this, delicious!