Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
From an old cookbook of my mother's, this is a great way to use up leftover beef. Save some of the gravy from the original roast.
- 2 cups cooked beef, cut into small thin pieces
- 1⁄2 cup beef drippings
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups gravy
- Arrange meat over bottom of a 9”square glass baking dish that contains 1/8” meat drippings or oil.
- Beat flour, milk, eggs and salt for 2 minutes and then pour over meat in the pan.
- Bake in a very hot oven (450 degrees) for about 30 minutes.
- Serve with gravy or sauce.
- If you have no drippings, substitute vegetable oil.
Wonderful way to use up leftover roast beef, comfort food heaven! Our toddler enjoyed this as it was easy to eat, and my husband asked if we could have it every night!