Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Especially for Yorkshire pudding lovers!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup cooked vegetables
- 1 (10 1/4 ounce) can beef gravy
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- salt and pepper
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion until beef is browned; drain.
- Add vegetables and 1/4 cup gravy.
- Stir water and Worcestershire sauce into remaining gravy; set aside.
- In a 10-inch pie plate, place butter and put into a 425°F oven.
- In a small bowl combine milk and eggs, add flour salt and pepper; beat until smooth.
- When butter is melted remove from the oven add the egg mixture into the hot dish.
- Spoon meat mixture evenly over bottom, keeping 1 inch from the edge.
- Return to oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until browned and puffed.
- Heat gravy and pass with the pie.
Had this for lunch with a lovely green salad, it was enjoyed by all. I made the yorkshire (eggs etc.) and put it in the fridge to get very cold while I saute'd the meat, added chopped onions, 1 can of peas & carrots and a small tin of sliced water chestnuts I slide the meat mixture into an oven proof dish and got it very hot in the oven then I poured the egg mixture over the meat and baked it in a 400f oven for 30 minutes. It came out all puffed and golden. Excellent thanks kitina I just want to add do not use a pyrex baking dish if you are adding the refrigerated Yorkshire eggmix to the hot hamburger mix, there is a good chance that the dish will crack.Use a metal pie plate or whatever that can take sudden hot with cold
This was a very good and simple recipe. I really love the meat pie, my kids too!! But none of us really cared for the sauce mix to top with after, I think it was to strong of the worcestershire taste for us. I used mushroom gravy and did as suggested and added a bit of ketchup to it too(for the meat mixture). I also put carrots and corn. The pie itself was delicious, I will make again! I give a 5 star b/c we loved the pie itself so much.
This is a fabulous recipe! My whole family enojoyed the tase and texture. We used a bag of frozen mixed veggies the 2nd time we made it and found it a bit more exciting than the corn we used the first time around. I can't wait to make it for company. Thanks for posting it!!!