A little laborious, but worth the effort from Cook's Illustrated.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped (about 2 Ghirardelli bars)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 14 snack size york peppermint patties, chopped
- 1Sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- 2Melt the chocolate in the microwave for about 1 minute. Stir. Continue to melt in 30 second increments until fully melted and smooth. Set aside. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs and vanilla. Set aside.
- 3With an electric or stand mixer with paddle attachment, beat the butter until smooth and creamy – about 1 minute. Beat in the sugars, scraping down the sides every 10 seconds or so. The mixture will be granular. Mix in the beaten egg/vanilla until incorporated. Add the chocolate in a steady stream and beat until combined. Add the dry ingredients on slow speed. Fold in the chocolate chips. Do not overmix at any point in this process. Chill dough for at least 30 minutes.
- 4Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Scoop about 2 Tbsp of dough and roll into a ball. Press a few pieces of peppermint patties on the tops of each cookie ball. Bake for about 10 minutes, or until the cookies have just begun to set with the centers still appearing very soft. They will firm up as they cool.
- 5Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for at least 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for York Peppermint Patty Fudge Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (951 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1993.5
- Calories from Fat 1093
- Total Fat 121.5 g
- Saturated Fat 73.2 g
- Cholesterol 262.3 mg
- Sodium 611.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 252.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 29.5 g
- Sugars 152.6 g
- Protein 34.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: