Recipe by Derf
Love new potatoes!! this is a wonderful potato salad and not too heavy on the calories. Make ahead and refrigerate up to 24 hours. adapted from Canadian living mag.
Top Review by bluemoon downunder
Wonderful: a low-fat potato salad! Well mine may not – would not – have been quite as low-fat as it could have been because I used my favourite creamy Greek yoghurt. I prefer potato salads made with yoghurt, so I used only yoghurt and skipped the mayonaisse. And I loved the baby potatoes in this potato salad. Because I don’t like radishes or pickles, I simply increased the number of carrots. The carrots I am buying at the moment are baby carrots, and they are deliciously sweet. I also omitted the cayenne pepper because I’m wary of hot ingredients. Even with my modifications (all made to meet taste preferences), I just loved this recipe, Derf; it’s one I’ll be making again throughout the summer. Thank you!
- 4 cups tiny new potatoes, about 1 1/2 lbs
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 4 radishes, finely chopped
- 2 dill pickles, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup plain 2% yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup light mayonnaise (or salad dressing if you prefer)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan of boiling salted water, cover and cook potatoes until tender but firm, 10 to 12 minutes, drain and chill under cold water.
- Cut into quarters, place in bowl.
- Add carrot, celery, onions, radishes, pickles,yogurt, parsley, mayonnaise, mustard, salt and cayenne.
- Toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled, about 2 hours.