Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2⁄3 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cucumber, peeled and grated
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon roasted cumin seeds
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Put the yogurt in a bowl.
- Beat lightly with a fork or whisk until smooth and creamy.
- Add all the other ingredients and mix.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to eat.
my raitas are usually crude concoctions where i just throw in diced cukes, cumin powder etc. today's version was much more patient and sophisticated:) after grating the cucumber, i drained it thoroughly and i used freshly ground roasted cumin (i was dying to try my new spice grinder and this was as good a chance as any). the result was a refreshing, fragrant concoction that made a great accompaniment to shrimp biryani.