Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs 12 mins
I made this bread this morning. I used soy yogurt instead of dairy. I also added a tablespoon of caraway seeds and a tablespoon of Kirkland brand Organic No-Salt Seasoning. The texture of this bread is dense and somewhat spongy. The crust is nice and crispy. This recipe makes 1 two pound loaf of bread.
- 236.59 ml plain nonfat yogurt
- 118.29 ml warm water (110-115'F)
- 22.18 ml vegetable oil
- 14.79 ml maple syrup
- 4.92 ml salt
- 354.88 ml whole wheat flour
- 532.32 ml bread flour
- 29.58 ml wheat germ
- 9.85 ml active dry yeast
- Add all the ingredients in the order given above making sure that you do not let the yeast touch any of the wet ingredients.
- My machine beeps part way through the process and I added the caraway seed and the no-salt seasoning at that time.
- When the bread is done, using oven mitts, remove the tray from the bread machine and shake the loaf out onto a cooling rack.
- Cool completely before slicing and slather with some Earth Balance vegan margarine, so yummy.
- Bon Appetit!
This was a tasty loaf of bread that I will definitely make again. It was very good for sandwiches and I also used it to make the best French toast ever (Denny's-Style French Toast). I will definitely be making this again. The only change I made was I didn't add any seasonings or caraway seeds and I used 1% yogurt as that is what I had on hand. Thanks for posting!