Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are really good whole wheat pancakes, but really more like a hotcake. I made these hoping my 14-month old would eat them and he did! And my husband and I loved them too. We added the blueberries but left out the nuts for the baby.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 1⁄2 cup blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- Mix flour, sugar, powder and soda in a bowl.
- Make a well and add the egg, yogurt, applesauce and ground flaxseed. Mix until blended but still lumpy. Batter will be fairly thick.
- Fold in fruit and/or nuts.
- Heat skillet on medium, put a little oil or butter in if you wish.
- Pour by 1/4 cupfuls. Cook until golden brown and flip.