Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 mins
I make my own yogurt so I like to put it in everything! This makes a tasty, light waffle. I think they are best with blueberry syrup.
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 16 ounces plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup melted margarine
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Combine flour, soda, powder, and salt.
- Beat in yogurt, margarine, eggs and honey until batter is smooth.
- Bake in preheated waffle iron until golden.
- Top with fresh fruit, flavored yogurt or syrup.
- Spray oil on iron between each waffle.
Nice waffles! They have got a slightly different taste to regular ones but I liked it. Its important to oil the iron between each waffle as my third one stuck quite badly. Thanks for this recipe!
These were great for using up leftover yogurt. I didn't have any eggs... and I decided to omitt the margarine (to help cut down the fat) and added in some chopped nuts. This was great. I think next time I'll add in 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract and 1 tbsp of ground cinnamon.
I tried these last night - they were great! I added a little extra yogurt (because I wanted to use it all up) and they ended up like crepes - but they tasted delicious. We topped them with whipped cream and berries.