Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Pol Martin's Easy Everyday Cuisine. Yogurt vinaigrette seems like a contradiction in terms, but try it anyway...
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chives, fresh & snipped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Whisk everything together in a small bowl until well-blended.
- You can make substitutions with this vinaigrette if you like.
- I always suggest using lime juice in place of lemon, because I don't particularly like lemon, and I find lime is sweeter.
- If you like, try using maple syrup in place of the honey.
- You may need to adjust the amount, if you try this.
- Try this vinaigrette drizzled over a fruit salad--.
This is really hard for me to rate. First off I'm not much of a yogurt eater. I kept going and here's what I do know. If you make this and stick your finger into it to taste, the Lemon is way to over bearing but, if you keep going and get your bowl of fruit and drizzle it over, then give it a light toss it's pretty good. The sweetness of the fruit tams the lemon flavors down. I gave mine an extra little drizzle of honey. I just couldn't resist it. I didn't put in the chives because I ran out. I don't think I would of liked it with them in it. Any how I give this a four stars because it is good but for me its just not something I would make often. I made this for My 3 Chefs game. Thank you for posting. Edited:: I bumped this up to 5 stars after my husband turned around to me and said, " hunny, we can have this again and again and again and again". Wow, I totally didn't expect that out of him.