1/1 Photo of Yogurt Vanilla Cupcakes W/ Chocolate Frosting
1 hr 15 mins
These are moist and rich without being too fatty. I love the frosting because it's very easy and very chocolatey.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the frosting
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/3 cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
For the cake
- 1Begin with the frosting to allow time for it to cool.
- 2Mix the sugar and cocoa together in a small saucepan.
- 3Add half of the milk, stirring constantly until blended.
- 4Then add the rest of the milk.
- 5Cook on medium heat until the mixture begins to boil.
- 6Lower heat and let simmer for a 3 minutes.
- 7Remove from heat and let cool for 3 minutes.
- 8Add the vanilla and chocolate chips, mixing until dissolved.
- 9Let cool at room temperature, or cover and refrigerate for future use.
- 10For the cake, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 11Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
- 12In a large bowl, mix the butter and sugar until well blended.
- 13Add the eggs to the butter/sugar mixture.
- 14Gradually add the flour mixture and yogurt to the butter/sugar mixture.
- 15Fill muffin molds 2/3 full and bake for about 20 minutes until it passes the clean toothpick test.
- 16To frost, hold a muffin upside-down over the frosting, gently dunk it and twist as you pull it out.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yogurt Vanilla Cupcakes W/ Chocolate Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (1159 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 269.5
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 41.7 mg
- Sodium 246.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 26.5 g
- Protein 5.7 g