Recipe by weekend cooker
A salad for a light dinner, or a light lunch
Top Review by Nif
Fresh and refreshing - this is a great salad. I made some changes but kept the integrity of the dish. I used long English cucumber, so I didn't bother peeling or seeding it and it looks nicer if you don't! I also made 1/2 of the dressing with only 1/2 teaspoon of cumin, which was perfect for me. Made for wc's Football Pool win for week 3. Thanks weekend cooker! :)
- 1 peeled medium cucumber
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium tomatoes, cored, cut into 1/2 inch cubes and drained
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons cumin
Directions See How It's Made
- half cucumbers lenghtwise, and remove seeds, then slice thinly.
- Place cucumbers into a medium bowl, and sprinkle with salt.
- Let stand for 1 hour.
- Drain, squeezing cucumber slightly to remove excessive moisture.
- Add tomatoes, and onion.
- Mix yogurt, parsley, cilantro, and cumin in a separate bowl.
- Pour over vegetables and gently toss.
- Cover and chill until serving time.