Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This dressing responds well to optional extras like a sliver of fresh onion, a chunk of feta cheese, fresh parsley or cilantro, chopped sun-dried tomatoes. Feel free to experiment.
- 2 roma tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup light olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 dash cayenne
- 1 dash garlic powder
- Put chopped tomatoes, lemon juice and vinegar in blender and blend at high speed.
- Add other ingredients, blending again at medium speed.
- Chill overnight before serving.
This was so good. I added some chives and green onions, and it went very well with the recipe. I have nothing but good praise for this. I used this as a spread for graham crackers, and enjoyed it withcelery and carrots too.