Recipe by Barefoot Beachcomber
This is great and way lower fat than the mayo based recipes. So far, I've had it on baked potatoes and green beans.
Top Review by averybird
We loved this, it does actually taste like tartar sauce, just a "lighter" version of it. I left out the capers and added extra pickle (dill). Mine was a tad runny, probably from adding extra pickle juice. Next time I might strain the yogurt and make Recipe #38422 before proceeding with the recipe to help thicken it up. Excellent with Pan-fried Oysters, thank you Barefoot Beachcomber!
- 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons finely minced white onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped gherkin pickles
- 2 tablespoons vinegar, from the pickle jar (or more to your taste)
- 1 tablespoon chopped capers
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 fresh ground black pepper