Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
Get creative by using different types of yogurt and nut combinations, this is just a basic recipe
- 1⁄2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup plain yogurt (I use low fat)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease and flour a 10 inch bundt or tube cake pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs and mix well.
- Add the yogurt and vanilla; stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add to the butter mixture and mix well.
- For the streusel:.
- Mix the brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and butter until all the ingredients are combined and damp.
- Stir in the pecans.
- Put half the cake batter in the bundt pan and spread with half the streusel mixture.
- Add the rest of the cake batter on top the sprinkle the remaining streusel on top.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Let cool in the pan 10 minutes before turning out onto a rack to cool further.
Made this with the ingredients I had sitting around-- turned out great! Moist and tasty!