Prep 0 mins
Cook 8 hrs
From April 2006 issue of Quick and Simple magazine. Other berries can be substituted- blueberries, raspberries, etc.
- 2 cups vanilla wafers, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, washed, hulled and sliced thinly
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 (8 ounce) containers strawberry yogurt or 2 (8 ounce) containers vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- mint leaf
- strawberry slices
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Combine the vanilla wafers and softened butter in a bowl. Press mixture evenly onto the bottom and sides of an ungreased 9" pie plate.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or just until browned. Set aside to cool, at least 30 minutes.
- In a medium sized bowl combine the strawberries, sugar and yogurt.
- Beat the whipping cream in another bowl until stiff peaks form (approximately 3-4 minutes.).
- Gently fold in the whipping cream with the strawberry mixture.
- Carefully spoon into the prepared crust.
- Cover pie well and freeze until firm, at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove pie from freezer 30 minutes prior to serving. Garnish each serving with mint leaf and strawberry slice if desired.