Recipe by Blue Peacock
This is the most delicious yogurt salad to serve with biryani, particularly chicken biryani. My mom's friend tried this recipe from a magazine from Kerala, India called Vanitha and sometimes I just make this to eat by itself!
- 2 cups granny smith apples, peeled and diced into 1 inch cubes
- 1 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cucumber, skinned,seeded and diced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno peppers, chopped (I leave half of the seeds in)
- 4 -5 cups plain yogurt, slightly whipped with a whisk to make it smooth (you can also adjust it according to your preference)
Directions See How It's Made
- Season yogurt with salt, mixing well.
- Add apples, onions, cucumber, cilantro and jalapeno.
- Mix all ingredients until well combined and place in the refrigerator before serving to guests, (or you can prepare the salad right before serving.).
- You can also add raisins if you like.