Blue Peacock's Note:
This is the most delicious yogurt salad to serve with biryani, particularly chicken biryani. My mom's friend tried this recipe from a magazine from Kerala, India called Vanitha and sometimes I just make this to eat by itself!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups granny smith apples, peeled and diced into 1 inch cubes
- 1 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cucumber, skinned,seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno peppers, chopped (I leave half of the seeds in)
- 4 -5 cups plain yogurt, slightly whipped with a whisk to make it smooth (you can also adjust it according to your preference)
- 1Season yogurt with salt, mixing well.
- 2Add apples, onions, cucumber, cilantro and jalapeno.
- 3Mix all ingredients until well combined and place in the refrigerator before serving to guests, (or you can prepare the salad right before serving.).
- 4You can also add raisins if you like.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yogurt Salad for Biryani
Serving Size: 1 (189 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 101.8
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 15.9 mg
- Sodium 348.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 10.0 g
- Protein 4.6 g