Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Low-Fat Yogurt Rice
Make and share this Yogurt Rice recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon brown mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoons mung dal
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oil
- 1 serrano chili, minced
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot, minced
- 1⁄4 cucumber, peel, seed and mince
- 2 cups plain nonfat yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, minced
- Bring water to boil in saucepan and add rice. Return to boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer until tender and water is absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes.
- While rice is cooking, toast mustard seeds and dal in skillet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray and oil until mustard seeds begin to pop, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Fluff rice with fork and stir in mustard seeds, dal, chile, ginger and cucumber.
- Combine yogurt, milk and salt. Lightly stir into rice with fork.
- Sprinkle with cilantro.