Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Taken from Martha Stewart Living February 2011 and posted for ZWT. "This classic Indian drink, called a "lassi," is made with yogurt and provides a cool foil to curries, and other spicy dishes. This version gets its richness from pistachios and a hint of spice from fresh ginger."
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 cup salted pistachios
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 4 ice cubes
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped pistachios (garnish)
- Blend yogurt, water, ginger, salted pistachios, pepper, and ice cubes until smooth.
- Divide among glasses - garnish with finely chopped pistachios.